Design Hub at Dublin Castle and National Craft Gallery Kilkenny present two design parties for Culture Night 2015.
FRESH CULTURE AT ID2015 DESIGN HUB, DUBLIN CASTLE
Join us at the Design Hub at Dublin Castle for Culture Night. The national festival of culture at the Design Hub will be packed full with talks, music, workshops and mini tours of our Fresh Talent exhibition, which shines a light on some of the most creative of the new wave of emerging Irish designers.
- FIXPERTS with Marcus Hanratty - hear a talk about how design can help people live easier lives and join in a hands-on workshop with Product Deisgn at NCAD students to find innovative Fixpert design solutions
- DRAWBOTS with Tara Whelan - make your own moving, drawing robot
- T-SHIRT SCREEN PRINT with Print Block - bring along a t-shirt to screenprint
- TUNES AND COMEDY with James Walmsley - DublinTown's Unplugged Best Acoustic Busker 2015 will sing us a few tunes in the garden - James toured the world for five years as lead singer of award winning cult comedy band Dead Cat Bounce and has performed at major festivals from Electric Picinc, Reading, Leeds and played to packed houses in the Sydney Opera House, Hammersmith Apollo and St Denis in Montreal. He will be recording his first solo EP later this month.
- POT THROWING with Chloe Dowds & Madga Bethani - get your hands dirty throwing pots.
HOUSE PARTY AT NATIONAL CRAFT GALLERY KILKENNY
National Craft Gallery invites everyone over to ours for a ’House Party’ to celebrate creativity, design thinking and craft in the home. We are delighted to welcome homegrown creative collectives and designer-makers to share their diverse and interesting approaches to architectural design thinking, creativity and the home at this year's Culture Night.
- HOMEMAKERS with Fuchsia MacAree - Fuchsia invites you to join her in making a tabletop town
- LOOKING AT ARCHITECTURE with George Wright - actively explore the built environment with WIT Architecture lecturer George Wright by taking part in our drawing workshop
- DEN BUILDING with Sheila Jordan - children can get creative in our garden by building and occupying their own imaginative spaces in our Den Building Family Creative Space
- BESPOKE WALLPAPER with Open Circle Community Arts - an introduction to bespoke wallpaper printing, using personal narratives
- NIMBLE SPACES with Commonage curator Rosie Lynch - a talk on Nimble Spaces accompanied by short films on participatory design